Bob,

I'm in a heated discussion with my partner in this project right now re what should be painted in a mep! Spartan evidently has lot's of ways to tweak data presentations, and some of them seem flat out wrong.

Anyway, this leads to another question. The best of two worlds that Spartan seems to be juggling (coloration of atom charge vs coloration of surface charge resulting from atom charge, both of which Spartan seems to execute at the surface!!!!!) would be a superimposition of translucent Jmol surface coloring (mep) and partialCharge atom coloring. This superimposition looks neat, and it tells the full story. Currently, this partial charge coloring is set at rwb. Can this color range be tweaked in Jmol Script? I think the rwb is great, but the intesity variation is hard to see through the translucent mep.

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com