Bob,

I'm having a Safari problem with a two model load from JME to Jmol. I
think it's actually a JavaScript problem with the split function, and
I'm pretty sure I can clear it up. In tracking this down, however, I
noticed something that I want to understand. Here's the Console History:

mod1 = '2 1 C 3.14 -4.03 C 4.35 -4.73 1 2 1';mod2 = '2 1 C 7.73 -3.75 C
8.94 -4.45 1 2 1';load '@mod1';color label pink;select formalCharge <>
0;label %C;set echo top left;font echo 16 sansserif;color echo
yellow;select *;hover off;delay 1;set appendNew false;load APPEND
'@mod2';select *;wireframe 0.15;spacefill 23%;boundbox {*};centerat boundbox
jmeString='2 1 C 3.14 -4.03 C 4.35 -4.73 1 2 1'
jmeString='2 1 C 7.73 -3.75 C 8.94 -4.45 1 2 1'

The Jmol Script starting with mod1= is actually created in JavaScript
with the two jme strings coming from a JavaScript call to JME - mod1 and
mod2 are my Jmol Script globals. Safari is getting only partial strings
from JavaScript for these values. I think a split on "|" in the JME
string is being executed before JME completely returns the JME file. My
real question is this:

How do the jmeString variables enter into this? I'm pretty sure they are
not my global variables. Do you have a global jmeString at work here?

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com