Bob,

Are there any Jmol string variable manipulation methods? Specifically,
can you calculate the wrap of long echo via script manipulation of the
echo string?

Actually, a more ideal route would be to pass the Jmol variable to a
JavaScript variable and display the information by some JavaScript
route. When I do this via a callback function, I have to invoke
JavaScript timeouts to work with the JavaScript variable that picked up
the Jmol script variable in the callback. If I don't wait a second or
two, the JavaScript string is empty. These timeouts can lead to
problems, and I'd like to lose them. In your opinion, what's the best
way to take a Jmol script variable and pass it to JavaScript for
subsequent Web page display, preferably without use of a timeout.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com