Hi Jmol users,

I am developing a web server with Jmol Applet (Jmol version 12.0.22). I need
the user to select a set of atoms by, say, coloring them red. When the user is
done selecting and is ready to move on to the next page, I would like my Python
script to know which atoms are selected.

I think this could be done by saving the Jmol display to a file, using  "write
STATE filename.spt". This works perfectly in the Jmol program itself, but I
couldn't get it to work in Jmol Applet. In Jmol Applet, there is no error
message, but no file is written, and the content of the state file is printed
to the Console.

Does anyone know what I am missing here?

Thank you.

Yingjie