It is indeed possible to get Jmol to work with a passive 3d setup, i.e.
using two projectors polarized perpendicular to each other and a
non-depolarizing screen. You can connect the external VGA of a laptop to
the Matrox DualHead2Go adaptor:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/

which provides two output signals, one for each projector. Set up
graphics display on the laptop to extended mode for the external VGA
signal and open a Jmol page in the extended display area, invoke the
side-by-side stereo display mode (cross-eyed or wall-eyed.. one of these
will be correct depending on your connections) and one side will go to
one projector, the other side to the other projector. The built-in
laptop screen can be used for the script window while the Jmol page
displays on the external screen...very convenient. This gadget is not
expensive...CDW sells analog version for $149.

I have done this with a plain vanilla Dell laptop with Intel integrated
graphics...i.e. nothing special....will work with nvidia and amd
graphics cards (although not necessarily all of them (see the Matrox
site for compatibility) and I have also done this with mac laptops.
Passive glasses can be bought in bulk very inexpensively.

Dick Shafer
School of Pharmacy
UCSF