http://jmol.sourceforge.net/jslibrary/#jmolApplet

> So instead of writing commands explicitly into the jmolApplet
> constructor call, I can write the path to a Jmol script?
> Eg.
> jmolApplet(400, ../jmolScripts/jmolScriptToDisplayBox.js);

But is that a Jmol script file, or a javascript file?

The syntax for calling a script file is to use the "script" command:

jmolApplet(400, script ../jmolScripts/jmolScriptToDisplayBox.js );

or, to be safer with the filename,

jmolApplet(400, script "../jmolScripts/jmolScriptToDisplayBox.js" );