Bob and Kevin

   The page DOES work for me using Safari on a Mac (Lion 10.7.3 with
yesterday's Java update). It also DOES work with FireFox and Chrome (latest of
both).

   UPDATE --- Just read the next digest (came while I was writing). Yes, I do
have the Dev Tools showing and do have WebGL enabled (don't remember why I did
that). And yes, disabling WebGL kills it in Safari (but it nicely tells you
that "your browser does not support WebGL"). Maybe my report here is already
obsolete, but I'll send this along anyway.

In any case, in all three browsers, everything seems to work.

Craig Martin

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:20:12 -0500
> From: Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu>
> Subject: [Jmol-users] Jmol/ChemDoodle
> To: jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Kevin, I'm experimenting some with hybridizing Jmol and ChemDoodle. But I'm
> having problems just getting ChemDoodle to work at all.
>
> Can you tell us what the specific browser requirements (working versions)
> are for http://web.chemdoodle.com/demos/molgrabber-3d
> (I've seen http://web.chemdoodle.com/installation/browser-compatibility but
> what it says there is not my experience.)
>
> What browsers really do support WebGL?
>
> On my Windows laptop I couldn't get MSIE 9, Firefox 11 (fresh
> installation), or Opera 11 to show anything on that page but a big black
> rectangle telling me that I don't have WebGL. Only Chrome worked (thank
> you, Jonathan!). Nor could I get that to show anything on my iPhone running
> whatever that runs. (Safari, I imagine.)
>
> Are other Jmol users more successful seeing a molecule on that page?
>
> Any ideas when ChemDoodle is going to be more generally available?
> Is WebGL really
> Bob
>

> --
> Robert M. Hanson