I'd appreciate advice on how to make Jmol float right (align at the
right side of the browser window) in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). This
would be very helpful in FirstGlance in Jmol.

The public/released version of FirstGlance does not work in current
IE9/Java, but it works in an early version of IE9/Java, and in IE8,
and current versions of Firefox and Chrome (in Windows 7).

For reasons I don't need to go into, until now, historically
FirstGlance has not used Jmol.js. The first thing I did is change it
to use Jmol.js. Now it works in IE9 as well as Firefox and Chrome.
YAY!! (Last time I tried this about a year ago, there were problems
that made me give up.)

The only problem is that Jmol is not floating right in IE9 (it does
in Firefox and Chrome). This completely messes up FirstGlance.

I am using:

        appHCode = jmolApplet(["59%","93%"], makeJmolScript());
        appHCode = jmolAppletAddParam(appHCode, "float", "right");
        document.write(appHCode);

I notice that the object tag generated by jmolApplet() is enclosed in a span.

When I make that <span style='float:right'> (by editing Jmol.js),
Jmol is not visible in the IE9 window! Its as though it vanished, or
is maybe 1 pixel in size. Yet it is apparently running invisibly,
since I have to approve the security warning to run it, and the rest
of FirstGlance behaves as though the applet loaded and is working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Eric