Bob,

There was no problem with html5, but I suspect you knew that. I don't have
active Java right now.

BUT, I have encountered this problem in other contexts with the applet. I
assumed is was a Java thing. When I encountered the problem, a forced
JavaScript blur() then focus() would solve the problem. I could look up the
context if it's useful, but your scenario comes close to what I was finding.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.com