Robert, thanks for the tip about  set defaultDrawArrowScale (decimal). That
was exactly what I was looking for, although it would be nice to set
different scales based for different objects (or perhaps scale it based on
the width of the line).

Regarding the SCALE parameter, it seems that decimal arguments are
interpreted as angstrom units, while integer values are interpreted as
0.01Å units. So yes, SCALE 500 == 5Å diameter. DIAMETER also displays this
dichotomy, with decimal numbers in Å and integer numbers in some other
scale (approx 1Å:13). WIDTH seems to be consistently in Å, at least for ARC
commands. Are these differences between integers and floats intended, or is
that a bug?

BTW, these behaviors are still present in 13.0. Thanks for updating,
Andreas.

Thanks,

-Spencer