I'd still like the actual link to that page that didn't work, Craig. What
you sent before got truncated.

I think it's very important, relative to smart phones, that you need to
think about what the goal is there. It should not be: "Let's get this page
working on an iPhone." It should be: "How can I redesign this page to work
also on an iPhone." It's a serious design issue. Wikipedia, for instance,
has been "mobilized" and looks completely different on an smart phone.

This is why Proteopedia is going with a multi-purpose plan that involves an
image first (phone) that can be clicked for applet loading, an image first
while loading concurrently (tablet), and full applet (others). All these
are options set in the Info block in JSmol, so they are easy to set on the
fly. The added "TwirlyMol" option is another, which I think will be
particularly useful for mobile applications.

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Chemistry Department

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900