Rick,

1) that "error" is just a test we do to check the browsers. You would think
that try/catch would avoid that message, but it doesn't. I don't know why.
Just ignore that.

2) you are probably reading binary files from a local machine or binary
files from a server without having the necessary PHP piece on your server
and pointing to it with Info.serverURL.

No such problem generally. Or tell me my page at
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/jsmol.htm doesn't work for you.

Bob

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Spinney, Richard <
rspin...@chemistry.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>  >This was a Java2Script compiler error. I thought I had worked around
> all of****
>
> >those, but this was the first test of old-style JVXL file reading, I
> guess.****
>
> >Thanks, Rick!****
>
> >** **
>
> >http//chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol.zip****
>
> >** **
>
> >Bob****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks Bob, I got the JVXL files working! Unfortunately I have run into
> another problem. I am building a new site using JSmol (an example is
> https://undergrad-ed.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/2310-test/info.php) which
> works great in Firefox. I tested in using Safari and Mercury on an iPad,
> Chrome and IE9 on a PC, and Firefox and Safari on a MacBook (OS 10.8.3) and
> only Firefox on the Macbook works.****
>
> ** **
>
> On Chrome I get an error message of “XMLHttpRequest.responseType cannot
> be changed for synchronous HTTP(S) requests made from the window context.”
> And it refers to line 209 in JSmol.min.js. Any help would be appreciated as
> I am lost on this.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks, Rick****
>
> --------------------------------------****
>
> Dr. Richard Spinney****
>
> Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry****
>
> The Ohio State University****
>
> 120A Celeste Laboratory****
>
> 120 West 18th Ave****
>
> Columbus, Ohio 43210****
>
>  ****
>
> email: rspin...@chemistry.ohio-state.edu****
>
>  ****
>
> Phone:   (614) 247 - 6847****
>
> Fax:       (614) 292 - 1685****
>
> ** **

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Chemistry Department

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900