I apologize if this isn't the right place to post the following. I am 
forwarding after a first send, thinking the address may be wrong or obsolete or 
else. The original message addresses Bob Hanson as I followed a mailto link 
contained in the test2.htm page. I don't mean to specifically bother Bob with 
these questions and now that I wrote to the list any help will be very much 
appreciated.
Thanks.
Kind regards to all

Adriano

Inizio messaggio inoltrato:

> Da: adriano ceccarelli <[email protected]>
> Data: 29 ottobre 2013 00.38.12 GMT+01.00
> A: [email protected]
> Oggetto: test2.htm page
> 
> Dear Bob, 
> many thanks for providing the community with nice and exhaustive examples 
> such as the test2.htm page that comes in the jmol. zip folder. I was 
> fascinated by its flexibility.
> I have been using jmol for a number of years as an aid in teaching basic 
> structures for biology and molecular genetics courses. It always went 
> flawlessly, if it didn't it was just for my very unexperienced use of html 
> code for embedding applets etc etc.
> However, with the advent of java-independent platforms, such as ipad, ipod, 
> iphone, android OSs etc what used to be a useful site in now far from being 
> so. I started looking for a solution and found the newly developed 
> java-independent version. What I find really interesting though is what it 
> says in this test2.htm page about the automatic choice of code upon browser 
> capabilities. Did I get that right? This would be a gem if I could convert to 
> it  all the pages in my site. 
> But I couldn't work out myself if this is a conceivable idea or rather I 
> simply missed a point somewhere along this track.....
> I have seen the jmol2.js script and comments and instructions as to how 
> convert already existing pages, but as far as I understand it, once they are 
> converted java is not needed/used anymore. Would that impact on basic jmol 
> functionality and if so how heavily? Would it be possible to easily convert 
> pages to an automatic choice depending on the browser as it is said in the 
> test2.htm comments?
> 
> Many thanks for your time and help.
> 
> Kind regards
> 
> Adriano Ceccarelli
> 
> 
> Prof. Adriano Ceccarelli
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi
> Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
> Regione Gonzole 10, 10043 Orbassano (Torino) - Italy
> office: +39(0)116705409
> fax: +39(0)112365409
> mail: [email protected]
> 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android is increasing in popularity, but the open development platform that
developers love is also attractive to malware creators. Download this white
paper to learn more about secure code signing practices that can help keep
Android apps secure.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=65839951&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users

Reply via email to