Hi,

I'm using the output of a script() function to gather data to be output as a
file.  I can run the script from another folder as

    script ../Jmolspts/writeout.spt

without difficulty.  When I direct the output to a variable, I'm finding that
the target must be in the current directory.  That is,

    gmstring = script("../Jmolspts/writeout.spt")

returns a blank, while

    gmstring = script("writeout.spt")

works as I intend with the results now loaded into the variable.  What's going
on here?

Thanks,

George Whitwell