Bob,

A while back I added a Resolver down detection to our model kit. This
automatically switches us over to ChemSpider smiles to inchi and PubChem
Jmol load, etc. Everything works, albeit in the context of the PubChem database.

I'm now trying to extend that coverage to nmr prediction. I can get the model
and spectrum load, but I lose the Jmol to JSpecView connection. Here's what I'm
doing:

                Jmol.script(jmol, "load ../models.aspx?smi2sdf2=" +
smilesEscape(model, 1));
                // above loads Jmol model from PubChem
                var s = Jmol.getPropertyAsString(jmol, "extractModel");
                Jmol.script(jsv, "load \"http://SIMULATION/MOL="; +
s.replace(/\n/g,"\\n") + "\"");
                //above loads ir spectrum into JSpectView

So far so good. However, there is no peak/atom click connection be the two
displays:

http://chemistry.illinoisstate.edu/osrothen/jsmol/predictor.htm?res=pub&id=C[C@@H](O)CC

Can you point me in the right direction to make the connection?

I know you're not crazy about this approach, but I would like basic model kit
functionality when Resolver is down. Models in the PubChem database are just
fine for our small model homework exercises.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.com