I am just starting to explore if/else and related constructs. I would like to apply it to animations containing multiple frames (=20).

Since I am learning, I will start with a simple example: an animation of the SN2 reaction between hydroxide and methyl bromide.

I have two parameters of interest O-C and C-Br separation lengths, Depending on the specific value of these two distances in each frame, I would like to display their bonds as "no" bond "partial" bond, or "single" bond.

Let's say I have some "boundary" conditions (in angstroms, totally arbitrary for the purpose of this example):

     C-O   1.44 and less is "single", more than 1.44 but less than 1.55
   is partial, and more than 1.55 is no bond
     C-Br   1.92 and less is single,  more than 1.92 but less than 2.07
   is partial and more than 2.07 is no bond

How can I write the if/else statement(s) to work (i.e. display properly) in all frames?

An illustration would be especially appreciated (as I have no programming experience).

Thanks,

PM