Jaim,

I'm running the same versions, and I have not seen the problem yet. I am, however, doing most of my work in Chrome. I'm almost tempted to upgrade to the new Safari just so I can keep my eye on the problem.

Last time this happened with Apple it took about 6 months to clear up.

Otis

Jaime Prilusky <mailto:jaime.prilu...@weizmann.ac.il>
September 29, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Had similar problems on Mac OS X 10.9.5 Safari 7.1 while testing FirstGlance 2.2

I would say that's the results of running JSmol with loaded portions from different versions.

The problem disappeared after clearing cache and reseting Safari a couple of times.

Jaim

September 29, 2014 at 6:37 PM
JUST saw that in a class of students here at St. Olaf using Otis's Virtual Model Kit.

It was a Macbook Air with a new version of Safari released yesterday, I was told. Certainly that must run far deeper than Jmol. Not much we can do about that.

A bad week for Apple, perhaps.

​
September 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM
With JSmol (either at Proteopedia JSmol 14.3.5_2014.08.09, or
FirstGlance JSmol 14.3.7_2014.09.20), using Safari 7.1 in OS 10.9.5,
fairly often the browser window suddenly goes blank white and a gray bar
appears at the top saying

"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded"

A small window appears with OK to send a report to Apple.

The page is reloaded and appears fine until the next "problem" a few
minutes later.

I have seen this dozens of times in recent weeks with FirstGlance and
once now with Proteopedia. I don't think I saw it with the previous
version of Safari, 7.0.

I have not seen this (yet?) in Firefox or Chrome.

Is anyone else seeing this?

-Eric

Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.com