      De: Otis Rothenberger <osrot...@chemagic.com>
 Para: Luciano Abriata <luciano_abri...@yahoo.com>;
"jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Enviado: Domingo, 18 de enero, 2015 17:56:42
 Asunto: Re: [Jmol-users] JSmol: how to put a protein's sequence into a
javascript variable

Hi Luciano,
Bob may have a more elegant solution to your problem, but I am interested in
your question because I guess I learned something about SHOW and PRINT - i.e.
they are not synonymous. I thought a simple Jmol.evaluate(jmolApplet0,"show
residues" would work - not so. When I checked the docs, they clearly say that
this command works with anything that works with the PRINT command (NOT the
SHOW command), and "show residues" and "print residues" do not both result in
residues! So unless I'm mistaken, you have to get this with a message callback
function.
If you set up a message callback function of the form:
function MyCallBack(X, Y, Z) {       Do Stuff Based ON X, Y, Z

}
The "    " will produce three waves of XYZ activity (my applet below is
jmolApplet0):
WAVE 1X=jmolApplet0Y=script 13 startedZ=show residues## EDITOR_IGNORE ##
WAVE 2X=jmolApplet0Y=[PCA]1:A     [TYR]2:A     [SER]3:A... Long list of
residues (Your Stuff!)Z=1
WAVE 3X=jmolApplet0Y=Script completedZ=EMPTY}
In MyCallBack, you have to use WAVE1 as a heads up to grab Your Stuff in WAVE2.
Otis

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Luciano Abriata <luciano_abri...@yahoo.com>