Phil,

I'm at a loss other than saying that there is something inherent in Bob's
JSmol/JSME page that is causing the problem. If you use

jsmol/jsme/JSME.html

in the same jsmol folder, then the problem goes away. Clicking anywhere in the
FG icon drops the menu.

Wild, I don’t have a clue, guess: Bob does redefine the JSME jsmeOnLoad
function in his page. Peter’s page has a code comment that suggests that
element display. Maybe the new jsmeOnLoad function is causing the problem.

Otis