On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Eric Martz <ema...@microbio.umass.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Bob,
>
> Here are three possible bugs (minor ones).
>
> ITEM ONE:
>
> "select %a" fails to select altloc="a".
> "select %A" succeeds.
> I report this "in case" it is a bug.

Are there both "A" and "a"?

> Jmol Aug 13:
>
> $ print _version
> 1403016
> $ load =1bsz
> HYDROLASE                               01-SEP-98   1BSZ
> PEPTIDE DEFORMYLASE AS FE2+ CONTAINING FORM (NATIVE) IN COMPLE
> INHIBITOR POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL
> found biomolecule 1: A
> found biomolecule 2: B
> found biomolecule 3: C
>
> $ select altloc="A"
> 74 atoms selected
> $ select altloc="a"
> 74 atoms selected
> $ select %A
> 74 atoms selected
> $ select %a
> 0 atoms selected
> $

$ load =1bsz as 1bsz.pdb
1bsz.pdb created
$ print  {*}.altloc.pivot
{
  ""  :  4272
  "A"  :  74
  "B"  :  74
  "C"  :  10
 }

> ITEM TWO:
> The doc, under Atom Expressions,
> under " RasMol biomolecular residue specifications"
> says:
>
> %altLoc    %1 %A %?
>
> Either the doc needs revision, or %? is not working (should be same as
> "not %" I think)
>
> $ select %?
> script compiler ERROR: invalid model specification
> ----
>          select %? <<<<
> $ select %*
> 4430 atoms selected
> $ select all
> 4430 atoms selected
> $ select %
> 4272 atoms selected
> $ select not %
> 158 atoms selected
> $ print 4272 + 158
> 4430

doc error.

> ITEM THREE:
> Note that the first line of the PDB TITLE field is truncated in the above
> report following the load command. Here are the first 3 lines of the PDB
> file with the lost portion in red:
>
> HEADER    HYDROLASE                               01-SEP-98
> 1BSZ
> TITLE     PEPTIDE DEFORMYLASE AS FE2+ CONTAINING FORM (NATIVE) IN COMPLEX
> WITH
> TITLE    2 INHIBITOR POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL

Ah --- right -- because some files have the PDB number in columns starting
with column 72. But I can test for that in the HEADER record.

OK, that is fixed.

I have a major update in prep. Are you able to test it in the next days,
Eric?

Bob

> Best regards, Eric

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900