Bob,

In the world of my small molecule app, I only found these two problems with the
new JSmol:

1) The calculate partial charge - MEP special case for alkanes is an easy
kludge fix per my previous note. This alkane effect was not present in the
older JSmol I was using.

2) The compare methane special case is also an easy kludge fix. This was
present in the older JSmol. I just missed it because it did not bring up an
alert box. The new JSmol version brings up a lengthy JavaScript alert box if
you try to compare two methanes.

kludge is to test for two things before compare. Test for 2 models AND "carbon
and connected(4,hydrogen)}.length” being equal to 2.

Kludge is used here so that I don’t have to use that other term that you don’t
like.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger