On 09/01/2015 03:36 PM, Rolf Huehne wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 04:28 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
>> OK, let's try again, please. I really appreciate all this testing. Rolf, I
>> am especially interested in if this fixes your JenaLib startup problem.
>>
> The 'move' command doesn't do anything if the time is set to zero, e.g.:
>     move 180 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;
>
> This used to work in version 11.8.8, which we are still using for the
> automatic image generation for the 'JenaLib'. This behaviour might have
> been introduced already in version 12.x. At least I remember that we
> never upgraded the Jmol version in conjunction with the 'Jena3D Viewer'
> because the images created with newer versions were different. And since
> upgrading wasn't really necessary until now I never took the time to
> really investigate it.
>
> Even if the time is set to 0.1 seconds, the images from version 11.8.8
> and 14.3.16_2015.08.25 (both with 'set perspectivemodel 11;') don't look
> identical.

'0.1' seconds seems to be still too short. If '1.0' is used instead (for
each of several 'move' commands with PDB entry 1H3E), the images look
identical in both versions.
So it looks as if the other parameters aren't adjusted to the time so
that the endpoint isn't always reached as it would be expected.

Regards,
Rolf
--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228