I'm not sure what the <% $PDB_no %> is, but:

1) Make sure that all actually evaluates to

load =4zmj

not

load =$4zmj

2) You have double quotes within double quotes. In HTML you can use &quot;
inside double quotes.

3) In this case you also are missing quotes around the parameter
jmolScriptWait().

onClick="javascript:jmolScriptWait('load =<% $PDB_no%> filter
&quot;biomolecule 1&quot; ' );"

4) You are using jmol2.js? Otherwise, this would be something like

onClick="javascript:Jmol.scriptWait(jmolApplet0, 'load =<% $PDB_no%> filter
&quot;biomolecule 1&quot; ' );"

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Feng, Shihai <sf...@lanl.gov> wrote:

> Angel and all,
>
> I am trying to write a html so I can display trimmer on click. The
> following is what I wrote;
>
> <input type="checkbox"
>                        name="trimmer"
> %#                       checked
>                        onClick="javascript:jmolScriptWait( load=<% $PDB_no
> %> filter "biomolecule 1" );"
>                 />
>
> It doesn¹t work. I am new to JSMOL. Would you please help. The $PDB_no is
> $4zmj.
>

> Thanks,
> shihai

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900