On 11/17/2015 12:57 AM, Eric Martz wrote:
> This bug may not be worth fixing since it is specific to OS X, and may
> be a bug in Java.
>
> Using either the Java applet, or the Jmol application, the command
>
> write "test.pngj"
>
> saves a file that contains the atomic coordinates and the state of Jmol.
>
> In *OS X*, dropping the PNGJ into the application *works* PROVIDED the
> application happens to have *exactly the same pixel height and width* as
> the image (which is the size of the Jmol from which it was saved).
>
> If the recipient Jmol application has a *different size*, an "Input"
> dialog opens asking to confirm changing the size of Jmol (or you can
> specify different height and width values). In Windows, this sizing
> dialog works. In OS X, once that "Input" dialog opens, *Jmol hangs* and
> has to be forced to quit by the system.

On my system with OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks and Java 1.8.0_25 the Jmol
application doesn't hang after closing the dialog.

> (For Windows, a size mismatch between the applet and the PNGJ doesn't
> matter. The molecule renders in the size of the applet without asking.)
>
> In *OS X*, dropping the PNGJ file into the *applet* does not load it
> into the applet. Rather, it displays the image in the PNGJ file (in
> Firefox) or the drop fails (in Safari).

The behaviour on my system is identical.

Regards,
Rolf
--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@leibniz-fli.de
Website: http://www.leibniz-fli.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Burkhard Zinner

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228