I second that request. An option to (easily) specify an alternative icon (residing in a directory outside of Jmol directories) would be great.

Thanks,

PM

On 1/13/2016 11:29 AM, Geoffrey Rowland wrote:
Hi folks

A minor 'cosmetic' suggestion.

I'm increasingly using PNGJ files with the bundled image used as a cover image, deferring loading of JSmol 'til the user clicks the cover image.

By default, the cover image is shown with the play_make_live.jpg icon which only really looks good with a white background.

Could this be changed to be a transparent-background .png (or, perhaps, .svg) icon?

I have done this myself. A mid-grey (#999999) reload arrow from http://www.flaticon.com/packs/font-awesome/4 (note terms-of-use) renamed to play_make_live.png suited my purposes. Works well with white, light grey or black backgrounds - though there are obviously many possible variations. Perhaps 'JSmol blue'.

However, it would be nice not to have to do a global search/replace for play_make_live.jpg/play_make_live.png whenever I update JSmol ;-)

Thanks

Geoff