Bob,

I’m currently putting together a student model kit workbook for the upcoming
BCCE. The process is helping me define a less Resolver dominated approach to
model kit use. I’m not losing interest in Resolver, I just want to lean more on
PubChem.

I currently get my non-stereo inchi’s by having JME load the Jmol extracted
molfile. Then I use the resulting JME non-stereo SMILES to get the the
non-stereo inchi from Resolver or ChemSpider's inchi resolver. I guess I could
now simply strip the stereo part of the inchi.js string, but I don’t know
enough about inchi structure. Is it as simple as that? My original thought was
to send inchi.js JME’s 2D molfile.

My long term goal is to have users run locally, but Internet connected. That
may seem strange, but the speed of running locally is nice. Internet
connectivity is only for database stuff. So from my limited small molecule
prospective, this new inchi development is really nice. For the workbook and
most basic classroom usage, I only need the Internet for PubChem, Google, NIST,
and NMRDB.ORG <http://nmrdb.org/>.

By the way, I can even run locally on an iPad - no Apple jail breaking required.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.org