I have made changes to Jmol and JSmol to direct PDB default loading to be
from files.rcsb.org

see
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jmol/files/Jmol/Version%2014.4/Version%2014.4.4/

* Download Jmol-14.4.4_2016.03.24-binary.zip (61.2 MB)
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/jmol/files/latest/download?source=files>*

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Dave Howorth <dhowo...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

> I'm probably way behind the times but I only just noticed that the path
> to RCSB files has changed. I loaded an mmCIF file into Jmol and noticed
> in Firebug that the request got redirected. So I went to update my
> jmolscript, which started like this:
>
>    script: 'set loadFormat "http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/files/%FILE.cif";;'
>                  + 'load =' + pdbid + ';',
>
> so it now reads:
>
>    script: 'set loadFormat "http://files.rcsb.org/view/%FILE.cif";;'
>                  + 'load =' + pdbid + ';',
>
> But when I run the script now I get an error box saying:
>
>    Error connecting to server: http://your.server.here
>    /jsmol.php?call=getRawDataFromDatabase&database=_&query=http%3A%2F
>    %2Ffiles.rcsb.org%2Fview%2F3qq5.cif
>
> I can retrieve the file http://files.rcsb.org/view/3qq5.cif with wget,
> so I'm fairly sure I've got the correct URL and the problem is somewhere
> in my usage of Jmol.
>
> Hopefully somebody can advise me. I've copied Andreas just in case this
> is somehow connected with their changes.
>
> Cheers, Dave

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900