Bob,

My model kit puts multiple models in the same Jmol frame. It appears that n =
{*}.molecule[0] (not n = {*}[0].molecule) is the correct expression, but
results are very erratic. The value of n is often (but not always) 2X the
number of fragments, with the extra “mf” values = “”.

With a larger number of fragments, n is usually low, and identical fragments
are only represented once. Through all of this,
Jmol.getPropertyAsJavaObject(jmolApplet0,
"moleculeInfo.mf").modCount.toString() gives the proper number of model
fragments, but Jmol.getPropertyAsJavaObject(jmolApplet0,
"moleculeInfo.mf").toString() gives “saturated” mf values.

I need to sleep on it. Maybe I can pick the correct formulas out with the value
of n from Jmol.getPropertyAsJavaObject(jmolApplet0,
"moleculeInfo.mf").modCount.toString() using x = {molecule=#}.find("MF”);

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.org