I have that fixed in JavaScript but want to add a couple more unrelated
items before I release this the normal way. But you  can also get jsmol.zip
here: https://sourceforge.net/p/jsmol/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/dist/  and it
should be  working at the St. Olaf site. For example: <
https://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/simple2.htm?load%20$(R)-2-butanol;label%20%[chirality];background%20labels%20yellow;set%20antialiasdisplay

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900