[I'm moving this to the jmol-users list]

Hi Jeff

I foresee no problem in your scripts.

My advice is that you right-click and open the Console, then paste there your
scripted commands one at a time and see which one gives the error or fails
to work.

On 28 Apr 2017 at 15:15, Jeff Sims wrote:

> I´m trying to diagnose scripts written a few years ago that are no longer
> working in the latest version of JSmol.
> The same scripts work correctly in an older version of JSmol: ver. 14.2.4
> (2014-08-03).
> After updating JSmol, there is no error in the JSmol console, just a blank
> JSmol canvas (no atoms appear).
>
> I suspect that it´s syntax related to `select´? because nothing is being
> selected for color or style, but not sure.
>
> Here are a few excerpts: (I´ll just include an example of each type of call).
> Does any of this look problematic or need fixes?
> I can post the full scripts if helpful.
>
> model 1
> rotate z -108
> rotate y 130
> rotate z 32
> zoom 100
> restrict not :a and not solvent
>
> select 147-157 and :a
> define switch1a selected
>
> select switch1a or switch2a or switch3a
> define allswitcha selected
>
> select :i and (177,179,181,192,198,199,200,202,205,211)
> #numbers are less by 1 than those in the Nature 379 article
> define ihb selected
>                         #alpha subunit residues hbonding with beta
>
> elect (switch1b and backbone) and not (173-176)                       #these
> sw1b residues interact w/beta
> select selected or (177,179,181) and :i
> define subset1b selected
>
> select :a and (172,173,174,176,179,185)        or (switch2a and backbone)
> define subset2a selected
>
> select :a
> color [xFFAD00]                                       #orange
>
> select gtp
> color [x00C000]                                               #guanine green
>
> select gdp
> color [xFF0000]
>
> select :i or :b or :g or :d
> spacefill on
> select atomno=644 and :i
> label "\u03b1"

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.