On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:47:00 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Discovered while testing changes that made this test fail.  The test failure
>> is hard to diagnose as it logs and retries at full speed, possibly forever,
>> until timeout.  This can hit a log file limit.  We can save thousands of
>> lines of text being printed when the test runs normally and successfully, by
>> waiting half a second before doing the Principal-checking which is the
>> purpose of the test.
>
> test/jdk/javax/management/monitor/ThreadPoolAccTest.java line 167:
>
>> 165:             String expected = principals[i / 3];
>> 166:
>> 167:             echo("testPrincipals: monitored: " + monitored[i] + "
>> principal: " + principal + " expected: " + expected);
>
> With this in place, should printing of principal at line 176 be removed?

Right, it is duplicated.  That new line is useful, I really wanted to see
something before we check for null.
Then we have the existing printing before we check further, which I did not
disturb.  I'm sure it's not a big deal either way.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16456#discussion_r1380610946