On 8/22, "Chorando6" wrote of Jennifer Warnes:

<I know i didn't get there first and i am sure i am one of many, but Song
of
bernadette trips me out completely. It is without doubt one of the most
beautiful songs written ever>

I played this album endlessly when it came out.  It is one of my top 10s.
 At the time it came out in 1986, I lived in Huntington Beach, CA, and
there was a great radio station that played the entire album and an
interview with her (damn, don't I wish I had a tape of that!)...  When
talking about this song, I remember she said something along the lines of
she and all her siblings are named with "J" names and then their parents
had one more child and named her Bernadette.  All the children rebelled
because it broke the pattern of "J's" and the parents renamed the child
with a "J" name.  So I believe it is kind of a song relating to that lost
little Bernadette soul as well as the Joan of Arc theme.

Sighing again at the huge amount of ridiculous trivia that resides in my
head, but smiling because people like you actually find things like this as
interesting as I do.

Lindsay