Hi everyone.

It's early Saturday morning. I'm at home, getting ready to go back to
Ashara's (only about 45 minutes away).

I arrived mid-afternoon yesterday. Claudia was on the front steps singing,
along with ChuckE and Yael. Ashara came bounding out of the house like a
happy puppy to see me. Claudia treated us to a stunning rendition of Shawn
Colvin's "Diamond in the Rough." Then Ashara, ChuckE and I went off to
practice the Cheryl Wheeler song we're doing together.

I finally went inside to greet more JMDLers. It was fantastic! (In no
particular order... and I'll probably leave out some) Kate Bennet and her
husband Jeff, John Van Tiel, Stephen from Vancouver, Leslie and Steve Mixon,
Susan Guzzi, Les Irvin, Bob, Victor, then Paz, then (you must have heard the
shriek from there) Wally arrived, Mags and Brian... oh my mind is going
blank. so many good friends!

Wally and I sat on the front steps and talked for a bit. Meanwhile ChuckE
and crew sang at the piano. When we heard the strains of "Feelings" we knew
it was time to go rescue them. We went in and all did "The Fiddle and the
Drum." Then, of course followed that with "Both Sides Now." I have to admit
to getting pretty teary-eyed during this, so I slipped out to the front
door. [I'll just add that it was an extremely emotional day for me that
started with some unpleasant and confusing medical surprises.] Claudia and
John Van Tiel came out and hugged me.

Then, there was a call from the shrimp peelers (bless them!) to be
serenaded. So, Steve (what an amazing player), ChuckE and I went out to the
deck with the book "Rise Up Singing" and picked songs like out of a hat,
starting with "Pack Up Your Sorrows." I think Leslie joined us for that one
too. We did a bunch of what I guess are "standards" for our generation. Some
Dylan and Grateful Dead, for example.

At one point, Victor and I did a duet, after which I said, gee we should
form a duo, move to New York, play at the Night Owl... Then Bob came over
and we did Amie. I'd have to say that was the most fun you can have with
your clothes on - ha ha!

Meanwhile, Paz had to air out the contents of his suitcase, because the
shrimp spices spilled all over everything. Maybe we'll discover that
Michael's secret shrimp recipe is the best mosquito deterrent:-)

Then, I got to visit with Mags and Brian some more, then anyone who came by
the table on the deck. Oh, Mags got her hair cut, and looks stunning! John
Van Tiel is looking trim - I think he's been working hard for the Bob's Bod
Look-Alike Contest. Patrick's hair isn't blond anymore (although he looks
fantastic either way).

Oh, and there's a HUGE martini glass on the kitchen counter with candy in
it. Speaking of which, Kakki soon arrived, followed by Les Ross, who brought
a bag of goodies, and Patrick.

Shortly after that, it was time for me to come home to spend some time with
Russ. (Like I said, long day with some nasty surprises. I'd tell you more,
but it's like New England weather. Every time I go in to Dana-Farber these
days I get a different story. I didn't like today's.)

So, I'll leave here in about an hour or so. And I'll try to post tonight, or
at least tomorrow morning to tell you all about today's events.

lots of love
Anne