my jonifest report, part two includes....

les irvin, who i nearly had to drag on stage, and who
then proceeded to BLOW EVERYONE AWAY on guitar because
he is so fecking talented, thank you for being brave
with me. i have much love and respect for you, and i
am glad that i  get to see your nutty sense of humor.
we all owe you so much.

kate and jeff, a pleasure once again, i am so glad we
all got to hear you play togehter. and jeff, the
sexiest harp player ever! that waltzing matilda at
atty may's blew me away. i hope we can get together in
january.

hell, what can you say about hell? i sat around
waiting to see if she'd kick mullers ass for repeating
the dingo comment....
it was so incredible to meet you and have you here in
person, and laugh with you and smoke too much and
drink too much and experience what a tremendously cool
and funny person you are. thank you for sacrificing so
much to be here.

steve polifka, so talented and funny and i fell
instantly in love with ya!

amy (and her SPELLBINDING performance!) thank you for
performing! you were great, and so sweet.

arggghh! i am droning on again!

there are so many people with whom i feel i have a
very old friendship, and dearly love, including muller
and smurphy, john van tiel, claudia, sue, rose, brian,
mags, wally, victor and kay that i don't want to gush
on here publicly. suffice it to say you are all so
important to me.
and thanks for driving again rosie!

susan guzzi, russel, marilynn, catherine, lori fye, i
loved you all! i feel like julia roberts accepting the
oscar, and i'm gonna forget the person who the movie
was ABOUT...who am i forgetting??? LOL, THANKS, JONI!
i know i am forgetting people, and i am sorry, but its
hard when you are impacted by so many people. please
forgive my glaring omissions...

other fantastic moments:

getting lost with Anne and Sue on the way to the
church (and yes it was my fault!) anne thanks for
being so patient, and for your beautiful music.

claud on the back porch doing "who knows where the
time goes", always a treat. there is a reason that so
many gush on about her talent...

dancing with bob m. and kerry at atty may's...

the very end of the ganja line, where it started to
get pretty frickin tribal! you've not lived until
you've heard bob do the "elephant"!

singing "fearless heart" with gregg at atty may's. it
was a complete honor. and it's probably the closest
thing to a rock star moment i'll ever have!
seriously, there's no way i could convey to you how
good gregg is! i can't stop listening to his cd. have
to get 'em all now.

getting serenaded *IN FRENCH* by victor on the back
porch....
war pigs! also by victor, btw, next year i'll know all
the words, but be prepared to do "highway to hell" or
maybe "dirty deeds"!

being up on stage when we all did the weight...i swear
there were far more people on stage than off, and
hearing jim lamadoo put all his energy into that
verse! nice job, lama.

singing the hunter with jeff, and not getting booed
off stage... ;-)

and of course, to ashara...there really isn't anything
i could say to you that would properly express how
greatful i am to you, how much i love you, how much i
appreciate you're willingness to be the catalyst that
gets us all together. you are truly the matriarch of
this crazy internet family, and i will always be
thankful for the love, the effort, the time, and the
way you still manage to smile almost the entire time.
(ok, and those moments like when we sat in your
bedroom and dished about how cute Cagno is!)
anyway, give my love to Sal, and big thanks-filled
hugs to him and the boys for letting us share their
rooms.
this is now officially too long!
with much love to all of you...
alison e. with 5 more days in nyc