original threads taken from The jmdl (The joni mitchell drawing lessons) on july 2003.

thread 1
--------
subject: "joni's "abstract landscape #2"
---------------------------------------

bob: a very nice painting.

rose: very nice.

marcel: and it's red too.

sharon: oh very red.

bob: i liked the pink one better.

rose: and the frame is much too thick.

bob: this is too red.

marcel: i'm not too sure the other one was pink.

rose: but we all agree it's a very nice painting.

sharon: oh very nice.

bob: it was pink. if there was white on this one it would have been pink too.

sharon: i must agree with bob. white and red make pink.

rose: can you tell us more about red, bob?

shane: i've just found a great link. go to -

www.redcolour.com

probably the best site about red on the net.

sharon: thanks, shane.

marcel: i think the other one was green.

bob: no green on this one.

rose: is it a cat?

bob: no. it's a hill.

thread 2
--------

subject: "joni and cubism"
--------------------------

cathrerine: joni and cubism, anyone?

jim: that's a very good question, catherine.

therad 3
--------

subject: "joni's abstract landscape #3"
---------------------------------------

bob: this one is much too red.

rose: a solid frame though.

marcel: not much white here.

bob: too much red and far too many orange spots.

marcel: i think it's purple.

sharon: only if you mix it with red.

rose: the orange spots?

sharon: no. blue.

marcel: the cat looks nice.

bob: it's a tree.

rose: a brown tree.

bob: only when mixed with black.

sharon: blue?

bob: no. white.

thread 4
--------

subject: "jonifest 2003 - days of colours"

kakki: the best jonifest ever. we all gathered in ashara's living room where we've
been given chalks and crayons and a very nice pile of papers. our project was to paint
a vase. wally gave us a breathtaking show where he did his own version of "yellow cats
on abstract landscape" using only his left hand and we all had a good cry. dinner was
superb. we all got drunk and had a long and nasty conversation about aquarelle.
most of us couldn't sleep that night and we spent the late hours sharing memories from
the "vangoghstock". then on sunrise we stripped les and set down for our traditional
naked model sketching. it was our first chance to realy sense eachother's true colours
and to find out we're all offwhite. a very special moment was when mr. yungenbraucher,
joni's old art teacher from high school, gave us a phone call. guntehr was very
pleased to hear that his favorit student is doing what he was alwyas hoping she would
do - yellow cats and abstract landscapes. the fest ended with a salute to baize and
ashara's promise of real oil and canvas next year.

thread 5
--------
subject: please help me to unsubscribe from the list!

thread 6
--------

subject: joni's self cover of her "abstract kilauren on
red landscape"
--------------

bob: what a treat. one of my all times favorit paintings covered by the artsit herself.

rose: how do you think she covered it, bob?

bob: i think it's glue mixed with flour.

thread 7
--------
subject: "real abstract joni news"
----------------------------------

les: the updated word on the billboard is that joni has decided to give up painting.
the legendery artist who's changed the art world with masterpieces like "landscape #2"
"landscape #3" and the unforgetable "landscape #14" has decided to spend all of her
time and talent on her old love, knitting. joni syas that "there are so many nobodies
around who think that just because they can draw a cat they should be treated like
artists that it makes me sick. knitting is the only true form of art left in this
planet. knitting sweaters for my cats and grandson is a pleasure not to mention that
it's quite cold out here in october". the debut sweater will be released on the
homeshoping network and is tytled "come in from the cold and don't forget to take you
sweater the next time".

thread 7 (subject: joni release "socks") is much too x-rated to be presented here at
the moment.

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com