Oh dear Lord in Heaven!
I was hoping that this did not go any further than the 700 club broadcast I
happened onto to day before yesterday. I watched Pat say something similar
and was horrified. Guys, I used to work for this organization as a crisis
counselor. What you are seeing is called a "religious spirit" or
"religiosity." It is where someone feels the need to act as judge and jury
for God. Please understand that God doesn't always need this kind of help. He
is much more sensitive and compassionate to those whose hearts are breaking
and sorrowful. He has His own unique and omnipotent way of dealing with the
human heart without breaking it or crushing it. According to the Christian
faith, in the Old Testament, He did have prophets which he sent to warn the
people of a certain land or nation about a coming judgment. However, those
prophets were put through God's crucible of purification before they were
allowed to utter a single word. Their hearts were tested and tried like fire
before they were allowed to "speak for God."  Prophets were also used because
at the time, that was the only way God could or would communicate with His
people.

I deeply apologize for the hurt and the anger these words have caused.  I say
this because I have worked on the set with Pat Robertson and I know this man.
All I will say about that is that one must search his or her own heart before
passing judgment on others. God hates a hypocrite. Look at Billy Graham. He
always cuts to the point in his sermons, and though many feel may change
their lives because of his words, he does not bring condemnation on anyone.
He is just as much a man of God as anyone else, yet his words brought comfort
and soothed the hearts of many of the bereaved of the nation. That is what I
felt God really wanted. I have a feeling that Billy is grieved by these
statements as well.

My deepest apologies as one who shares the Christian faith.

Sherelle