I invite comments as I seek to finalize this -

For those who have died,
we shudder at the horror of their deaths in these acts of terror.
Rest eternal grant them O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

Almighty God, shield of the oppressed,
hear us as we pray for injured and the hurting.
Be merciful to those who suffer, in body or in mind,
to those who are in danger or distress, and who have suffered loss.
Let your love surround the infirm and the helpless.
Be especially near to those who may yet pass through the valley of
death.
Grant them also merciful and eternal rest,
and the warmth of your perpetual light.
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

Give strength to doctors, nurses, technicians, ambulance drivers,
paramedics, and those who care for the ill and injured.
Bless with your mercy all fire and police personnel,
soldiers and others in military service and those who
watch over the public safety.
Comfort them in their own pain in the midst of these things.
Make them brave to battle the devastation of terrorist attacks,
trusting in your power to overcome death and pain and crying.
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

For those who are filled with fear
because of the unknown fate of those that they love;
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

For those who are filled with fear
because they are of the Islamic faith or Arabic descent,
for Alif and all who may be threatened by prejudice and bigotry,
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

For those who have witnessed these tragic events
which shall burn forever in their memories,
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

For those who organized and who committed these acts,
we know that they too are your children
and while we may not this day be comfortable with the yoke of love,
we must forgive and find a common humanity with those who hate us.
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.
For the leaders of our nation and all nations that they might have
wisdom,
and seek political solutions so that this cycle of violence might end;
others must not be added to the list of victims of these days.
We beg you in your mercy to stop the headlong rush to war.
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

For those in the military who are on alert,
 for Jeremy who birthday is this week
and for the families of those who serve in the armed services,
of this nation and all nations,
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

O God of love, O God of peace,
make wars throughout this world to cease.
The wrath of sinful folk restrain,
give peace, O Holy One, give again.
Holy One, in your mercy: hear our prayer.

Into your hands, O God, we commend all for whom we pray,
trusting in your mercy; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Savior.
Amen.