> And as to the much discussed anachronistic use of rock songs, for me it
> failed at virtually level.  The songs were repeated ad nauseam (I could put
> up with Elton John's Your Song once, but three times??  And I was less than
> halfway through the film!), and the set pieces would have Busby Berkley
> spinning in his grave.  Michael J Fox doing Johnny B Goode in Back to the
> Future said it so much better.

I did like the version of "Roxanne" which made it sound more guttural and sexy.
Coupled with the tango... well I did think it made it even sexier.  I guess I liked
the movie because it was Australian - I loved seeing the local celebrities, the
accents etc.  I didn't mind the frenetic pace, the mish mash of styles, music etc.  I
wasn't too keen on Nicole but then she did look the part.  I really didn't mind it.  I
guess it is too action packed, a
little over-the-top, too much detail, an assault on the senses and a little
incoherent.  But then, I forgive it its flaws!

I don't think I've seen anything recently that has made me go Oooo... the cinema is
usually filled with trite but I liked Moulin Rouge because it was fun.  I miss the
musical.

Vanessa who endured "Dude!  Where's My Car?" - now that is shite.