In a message dated 9/17/01 7:54:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> I believe very strongly that bombing Afghanistan would do no good at all,
> and
> this article adds to that belief.  I only hope that those who really need
> get the message do so.
>
> Azeem

You are probably correct that merely bombing Afghanistan would not accomplish
the desired purpose. However, a multinational invasion aimed at  removing and
eliminating the Taliban and other elements of radical fundamentalist Muslim
leadership would serve a purpose.  The way the Taliban is defending, at least
verbally so far, Bin Laden makes it appear as though Bin Laden is the de
facto head of the Taliban rather than a "guest," as they say.
  In any case, I think most of us accept the fact that a mere bombing will
not be enough this time, and that there will have to be a new government for
Afghanistan.
  And on another plane, why is it that it always seems like the dictatorships
we supported against the Soviets are just as bad or worse than what the
Soviets  would have installed?

Paul I