Kate,

While visiting with friends and family this past weekend (a wedding!) I
heard from most of my aunts and uncles that "they come back."  I found it
interesting to note some said those words with a wink and grin while others
didn't say it so much as *sigh* it.

Okay, I'll consider this forray [of my daughter's] into the real world as
with training wheels.  She'll be back frequently for dinner and laundry and
car repair advice, I'm sure. ;-)  I'm glad I have this time to get used to
it before she heads out to college in another part of the country next year.

Regarding your son:
>So we
>are in the midst of making this happen with as little heart ache as
>possible...

I think you're so right to do it, though.  We have a friend who, at age 49,
has never left his parents' home for more than a few months at a time.  He
has become more dependant upon them as the years pass than he was before.
We love them so dearly and it's great to see them reciprocate, but "how do
you stop from going too far?"

Best of wishes,
Diane