Hey Heather.  Gino.  He is the bomb.  I remember back in 1978 when I was
madly in love and making love at all possible moments.  It rained a lot that
year in the Panhandle of Texas.  We would love in the early morning, in the
late morning, the afternoon, and all through the night.  That year Gino had
the hit record "I Just Wanna Stop".  I can still remember those times lying
there together with the rain pounding down and him singing that beautiful
tune on the radio.  I never bought the album for some reason.  Was years
away from Joni, rickie lee, and even a full appreciation for Missy.  A few
years after that with my heart broken and basically nothing but something
that caused me complete and utter pain, Gino had the hit "i  just wanna
stop".  I liked it as much as the other one, almost.  I found some of his
albums in the bargain bin, the cutout section where they cut a small piece
of the album off.  Got most of them for 99 cents or a 1. 99.  What a steal.
His albums were even better.  He can take you away into a world of his
making and it is a place that is wonderful.  Jazz, blues, horns, he does it
all.   In 87, he released Black Cars.  Again, excellent.  My last album of
his that I have found, he is not easy to find around here, is Yonder Tree.
Hard to say that it is the best because they are all so very fine.
for every just man mocked and killed
for every drop of black contagion spilled
this is my house
this is my evil

for every battle lost and won
the spangled banners flapping in the sun
this is my blood
this is my people
the black drums leaking in their graves
the tin cans rocking on the arctic waves
for every child the streets will claim
the curse that rushes through their tiny veins
for every rose that wilts away
i die a little more each day

for every field of wasted grain
the rockets standing neath the western plains
this is my greed
this is my glory
for every fist raised to the sky
the crimes of hate our young sons glorify
for every mouth that years for bread
the heart of stone proclaiming God is dead
for every soul thats lost its way
i die a little more each day

for all the blessings I disown
the cruelties I condone