I signed a petition on behalf of peace & got a reply to check out this
website. Here is a link to an article which I just read. Just so you know
for me this issue is absolutely nonpartisan, I agree with much of what is
said here. The turning of terrorists against each other is exactly what I
meant by my previous Akido reference.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010924-4.html

an excerpt:

9:35 A.M. EDT

     THE PRESIDENT:  Good morning.  At 12:01 a.m. this morning, a major
thrust of our war on terrorism began with the stroke of a pen.  Today, we
have launched a strike on the financial foundation of the global terror
network....We will starve the terrorists of funding, turn them against each
other, rout them out of their safe hiding places and bring them to justice.