<< I think this is all more about where you spend that
 first freedom of adulthood ... say between 18-28 give
 or take ... out of the house and on your own, making
 just enough money to keep the pad month-to-month and
 the beer cold.   >>

Don, I agree with you...rites of passage have a LOT to do with what music
becomes special to you. That's why those "oldies" have had such a long life,
so many college parties, etc. crank out the same old songs, Motown, "Louie
Louie", et al., so as we age, we associate those songs with good times, even
if the music itself is mediocre!

Another factor is location. The 70's were peak for me, but I imagine if I had
lived on the West Coast the 60's would have been hard to top!

Bob

NP: Steve Miller, "You Send Me"