Before the Airplane, Grace Slick sang with The Great Society and recorded
"Father Bruce," a tribute to Lenny Bruce, which ends with a loud "FUCK!"
There's a live version from 1985 or 1967 on an old Great Society/Grace Slick
collection.

Speaking of Ms. Slick, did anyone catch her reunion with the Jefferson
Starship at a Long Beach benefit for the victims of the September 11 tragedy?
 Grace, who will be 62 this month, wandered out on stage disguised from head
to toe in one of those horrible outfits that Afghani women are forced to
wear.  She shook her head at the loud musicians, displayed shock at the
mini-skirt on the Starship's lead singer, checked out her daughter China
Slick Kantner's boobs and then tore off the disguise, revealing an American
flag covering her front and a sign on her back that read "Fuck Fear."  She
explained it all succinctly pointing to the robe and saying: "This is not
about Islam;  this is about oppression."  Pointing to the American flag she
said, "This is not about politics; this is about liberty."  Then she joined
in with Paul Kantner, Marty Balin and the rest of the band on "Wooden Ships"
and "Volunteers,"
later welcoming some firefighters on the stage.  White hair and all, it's
good to know Grace is as outrageous as ever.

In a message dated 10/20/2001 9:24:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,