Dear Mario,
The first time I heard Joni was by listening to my college roommate's album
Court and Spark, and Hissing of Summer Lawns. I was captivated by her.
However, I have to agree with you that I like Joni best when she is in her
Jazz element. I have never listened to the album, Mingus, but I have heard
cuts from it in the live versions which appear on Shadows and Light. (you've
got to hear Jaco play live on this!) Then I think about the CD Turbulent
Indigo, and I get so confused! I just love everything she does!

Sherelle