I can now imagine what it must have felt like to be in the audience during
the taping of PWWAM.  I've only been to two of Joni's concerts, but this
homage to Joni Mitchell outshines the concerts by far.  Ashara did an
excellent job of documenting this wonderful evening, so you already know the
details.  It was an amazing night in such an elegant setting.  Men and women
dressed to the nines to honor Joni.  The reception, the dinner, and the
actual tribute were 5 hours of total bliss for me.  To be surrounded by such
good friends from the list enhanced this evening even further. I could tell
that Joni was really enjoying herself.  She sat undisturbed with her good
friends and family throughout the evening.  No pesky reporters or
photographers in her face.  No adulating fans seeking autographs or as Bob
Murphy so humorously mentioned "I wouldn't
put it past any one of them to slap an inebriated arm around poor Kilauren
and ask the nearest photographer to, "Get one of me and 'Little Green' here."
LOL!!  If any of this was going on, I certainly didn't see it.  I had the
privilege of finally meeting JM.Com's very own Jim Johanson.  What a
wonderful man!  He showed what class he has when he sent a short note to Joni
through one of the waiters which read something like : "Congratulations Joni,
I know you are having a wonderful evening with family and friends and I don't
want to disturb you. Just letting you know I'm here."   (I know I didn't get
the wording correctly Jim, and I hope you don't mind my mentioning this)
Anyway, I'm just saying to the list what a gentleman you are, and how you
exemplify this great Internet community.

back to the tribute................The big event was a blend of Joni's peers
showing their appreciation and respect by way of songs or short speeches.
To see Gordon Lightfoot up on stage, to watch Mr. Kratzman sit and chat with
Joni about her school days, to listen to Joni talk about her life, and then
to top this all off with Joni playing the piano and singing bits from her
upcoming album.  This was an incredible evening of all sides of Joni which I
shall never forget.

SPECIAL NOTE: I must apologize to my dear friend Coyote Rick.  He purchased
our tickets the day they went on sale. Rick told me we were in the first row,
but seats 34 & 35.  Knowing this was a small venue, I figured we would be way
to the left of the stage.  The day of the tribute I told him I would rather
have seats on the fourth or fifth row and be in the middle.
(Here's where I eat crow.)  We were ushered to our seats 34 & 35, but they
sat us in the second row.  We were right in the middle, but in the second
row!  Sitting next to Rick was jmdler Janine Sherman.  I was happy with our
center seats, but why this row of empty ones in front of us?  WELL, in they
walked, one after the other as my jaw hit the floor.  Kilauren sat in front
of me, Larry Klein in front of Rick, and Joni sat in front of Janine!  It was
the closest I've ever been to Joni.

Don't worry folks, we did the JMDL proud.  The three of us showed class.  I
only took the Altoids from Kilauren's purse. Then, using tweezers, Rick
yanked a neck hair from Larry. (Larry slapped the back of his neck thinking
it was a mosquito) AND lovely Janine kept kicking Joni's seat saying "Now,
how do you think your housekeeper felt Ms. Mitchell???"  :~D

So, there Coyote Rick!  I'm sorry I complained about our seats.  Are you
satisfied now????

Thank you Toronto and Joni for a wonderful evening!

Jimmy
(back in hot Ft. Myers)