s a part-time lurker i wonder if it is my place to
> say anything but i will anyway. i would appreciate it,
> in future subject headings, if people could refrain
> from using profanity. there are other, more literate,
> means to convey a message to the masses. i am checking
> my mail at school and do not know if any young people
> saw the prominently displayed vulgarities upon my
> screen. in the future i will only check my mail after
> school hours when purveyors of smut can feel free to
> contact me.

The first part of this post was okay, until the purveyors of smut comment.
I don't ever remember using profanity here but if I did it would be
appropriate since this is a site for Joni Mitchell and that word is from one
of her songs.  She also deals with adult content in her songs.
I really don't think this is the place for censorship.  If you, Mr. Blake,
are allowing kids access to this site, then that is your fault, not the
people who are doing the posting, and furthermore, using profanity does not
make one a purveyor of smut.  I suggest you find yourself a site more
appropriate for you if you do not like what is written here.  Also, smut is
a subjective term, to say the least.

Mack