Hi, all,

Just checked out that Yahoo link that Colin listed (he asked "Is this a joke
or what?").  I think it's either a joke, or a painfully obvious attempt on
the part of someone (I hate to say a 3-letter organization, but who knows?)
to see if they can snag some people sypathetic to OBL.  (By the way, has
anyone else noticed that his name is variously spelled with an O or a U, and
Laden is sometimes spelled with an "i" where the "e" is here.)

Robert and I just got our pictures back from our trip, including a couple
from the beach at Newport, RI.  We discovered that there was a showing of
sculpture built up of found objects, driftwood, etc.  One, called "Surrender"
shows a figure made of found wood in a position of surrender (kneeling on the
sane with his hands up);  another, a wall with a bend in it made out of I
don't know what, reads:

O Great Safety,
Protect us from life.
We relinquish all common sense,
personal responsibility,
spirit of adventure and risk.
We bask in thy litigious glow.
May thy concern permeate every
object in our world.

The beach show was dated from some date in September to sometime in November
(I know, I should have written it down, but I had no pen or paper with me),
but it's interesting to think whether any of the pieces were affected by
9/11.  I think not, given how long it takes to put together a piece from
concenption to execution, which makes these two pieces all the more
interesting.

Re:  The book disease.  I have it big time.  I even joined the Folio Society
(of Cambridge Publishing) right before I left for R.I., then forgot about it
until I got this huge package from them today.  A wonderful four-vol.
collection about ancients cultures (Hittites, Babylonians, Egyptians and
Persians), and a Biographical dictionary which *did* list Joni (with only
minor errors), but didn't list Laura Nyro, *did* list Paul Simon, but not
Carly Simon, etc.  So probabvly no good for musical figures, but okay for
historical/literary figures.

But I do have a lot of books of all kinds, and *like* it -- not that there's
anything wrong with that...

Smiles,

Walt