These are the best! A friend of mine in Austin sent me a copy of last year's
and he said they sell out almost immediately. As Sybil noted, these are all
in-studio performances and sound great. A lot of artists you normally
wouldn't be exposed to are on compilations like these. Definitely worth
checking out if you're into the harder edge side of country and folk music.

As for alt-country, I've gotten into this genre a lot lately. Worth checking
out are the Jayhawks, Son Volt/Uncle Tupelo/Jay Farrar, and a multitude of
others. I jsut picked up an issue of the magazine "No Depression" and
likewise is worth at least a strum through in your local Borders. Talks a
lot about country and bluegrass music from this century.

Mark

NP-Grateful Dead, They Love Each Other