>>An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer
only to God,. <<

or not, surely, as the case may be.

>>The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence,
which recognizes the God-given right of each man and woman to the pursuit of
happiness.<<

Are the rights which are recognised in the D of I really thought by the
majority of (U.S.) 'Americans' to be 'God-given' or is this merely rhetorical
nonsense? Is it not contradictory to say that Americans are free to believe in
no religion and then say that their freedoms are guaranteed by a right which
is given by a God that they may have chosen not to believe in? There are many
other objectionable things, and fine things too, in this document, but for
today, have a nice day ;-)

mike.